Why am I writing this......

Thoughts, musings, and ramblings of a new mom

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Foot Update

An update on my broken sesamoid.....

For the past 3 weeks I have been in a hard cast and on crutches. This was after my first follow up with my doctor. Apparently the initial try at the walking boot was not working at all because there was no improvement in my foot. So he went to hard cast to completely eliminate any activity that could be done. Went back this week and had the cast removed so he could re-evaluate my foot. Still not healing the way it should. I begged to not be re-casted because I wanted to shave my legs. So I am still on crutches but I have my removable cast back on. I still can't put any weight on my foot but at least I can shave and shower like a normal person.

Back to the doc in 3 weeks to see how things are progressing. He is hoping to start my physical therapy around that time to begin rebuilding my leg muscles. My legs look hysterical side by side.......

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Like I said... sesamoid bones are very hard to heal and sometimes they never do.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home