Why am I writing this......

Thoughts, musings, and ramblings of a new mom

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Give me a break.....

....but not this kind!!

I went to the doctor yesterday because my foot has been bothering me. Come to find out....there is a bone that is broken into 2 pieces hanging out! The bone is one of my sesamoid bones (http://www.nefca.ca/find-ft-nurse/images/foot-prob/ft-anatomy6.gif). My doc said to think of them as "tiny kneecaps" for the ball of your foot.

I am in a "moon boot" for 2 weeks. Then back to the doc for more X-rays and potentially an MRI to see how it is progressing. The absolute worst case scenario is surgery to insert a pin to hold the 2 pieces together. In the meantime I get to feel like a lazy ass because I can't run, ride bike or do the elliptical machine. I can however lift weights.......I will be the freakshow at the gym walking around in a moon boot doing arm curls!!!

I hope this just heals on its own.......

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

This is bad. Very bad. Those bones are tiny. They are the size of sesame seeds. Seriously. But it's really important and you feel it if something is wrong with them. You never know about them until it sucks to be you!

I hope they heal - they take a while and sometimes inflammation will never go away.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home